Sunday, September 4, 2011

2PM: The Hottest Time of Day

Most of these photos are not mine and I don't take credit for them.
Last night I witnessed epicness. Epicness is not a term that I throw around loosely. When I use it, I mean it. Last night, I went to my first K-Pop concert ever, and it was definitely the best concert that I have ever been to in MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Note: no pictures were allowed, however some people somehow snuck some. They were very strict on this rule and you got in trouble if they caught you. All of the pictures here are not mine unless I note that they are.
I went with my two besties Kathryn and Amanda, fellow K-Pop addicts. It was extremely easy to get there. We hopped on the subway at Sinchon and went about 25 stops to our destination, the Jamsil Sports Complex. There was also a baseball game going on at one of the stadiums next to the one the concert was at, so it was a very busy place!

On the subway.
As we walked out of the subway, the first thing we saw was vendors on each side of the walkway selling 2PM merchandise. Although it was not official merchandise, money was flying out of girls’ pockets like there was no tomorrow. There were pictures, trinkets, socks, and even pillows with their faces on them. Yes, pillows. I almost bought one just to be ridiculous. But, I decided to save my money. I did buy 2 posters though which were cheap, at only 2,000 won a piece.

The concert started promptly at 6 o’clock, much earlier than other concerts I have been to in the States. It was really nice to have an early concert though, that way we didn’t have to travel back to school in the middle of the night.
This was all from fans. And this was only a small portion of it too! But all the rice is donated! Amanda took this picture.
They opened with my favorite song from their new album, “Hot,” and it was the perfect type of song to start off the concert with a BANG! Have a listen to the song:

Their title song for their new album is a fun song. It’s called “Hands Up.” It’s a little silly, but it makes you feel good and it’s fun to dance to.
Here are some of the other songs that they performed. Some of them are new and some of them are a year or two old.


They were all super good though! I must say, a lot of singers cannot sing live, but 2PM is amazing live! I think part of it’s because in Korea, singers have to train for years and years before they are allowed to debut, so they have to be good or they don’t make it. They are also amazing dancers!
There were a couple of random acts that they did that were totally out of the blue, but it’s more interesting when random things happen!
Junho. My fave.
We were on level 3, so we were a little far away, but they were still amazing seats! During one song, a couple of them got on platforms and rose up to the 2nd and 3rd levels. The technical features of the concert were really cool too. The lights, the explosions, and sound; it was all really good.
After we got there, we wished that we had spent more money to get floor tickets, but we really couldn’t complain.
The last song they sang was “Thank You,” a song written to their fans, thanking them for all of the support over the years.

2PM 사랑해!

Earlier in the day, my CIEE group had the opportunity to make Songpyon, rice cakes with pine needles. Songpyon is the food that is made for the Korean Thanksgiving, Chuseok, which is next weekend. Our teacher was the distant descendant of someone who once made songpyon for the king. The practice was passed down to each generation, all the way down to our teacher! Pretty cool. We made traditional ones that would be made in Seoul (each region makes them a little differently), which are shaped like half moons. Then we had some fun with it and made cute things! I made an old man with a mohawk and a bunny rabbit.

Creepy.

Until next time,
안녕!

No comments:

Post a Comment