Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Day in Myeongdong

Today was a day full of shopping! My friends and I headed out this morning to Sinchon subway station to make our way to Meongdong, one of the biggest shopping districts in Seoul.


It was an extremely hot day and humid day, so our first stop when we got to Myeongdong was at Holly's Coffee. Nothing like an iced latte to start off the day. We perused the streets and stopped off at little shops here and there. They were mostly shoes and clothing stores, as those are the two most important things a girl can buy. :) We also stopped at a music store where I bought a huge Super Junior CD. The even had a Forever 21 and a couple of H&M stores that we went to. I was really surprised at these stores, but for different reasons. Forever 21 had American sizes and stuff that fit me! H&M, on the other hand, was extremely expensive. In the States it is known as being a cheap store, but here I guess it's different.


Walking down the street.



I have yet to find a store (besides Forever 21) that sells shoes in my size. The largest that most places carry is a 250, which translates to about an 8 in the US. All of the shoes over here are ridiculously cute but aren't made big enough to fit my feet. I hate it! I am determined to find a place that sells my size by the time I leave here. I will be coming home with new shoes!

We also stopped at Baviphat where I bought some lotion and face masks. And of course I was a typical tourist and took pictures with cardboard cutouts.


Yay FT Island! One of my faves! Lee Hongki <3.


Mt. Namsan was close and visible on our way back to the subway!


On our way back to school, we stopped off at Dongdaemun, an indoor shopping center that has 3 entire floors of just women's close. EVERYTHING WAS SO CUTE! But most everything there was really really small. I did find a couple of shirts that fit pretty well but there were still a little tight in the arms. So, I walked away from there empty handed.

Here is a picture of my loot from the day!



Tomorrow is the first day of classes! The only thing I have is my language placement exam in the afternoon (which I may not even have to take). So, Friday will be there real first day of class for me. Gosh! I guess it's time to say goodbye to vacation and hello to textbooks!

Until we meet again!

안녕 !

Hails

No comments:

Post a Comment