Sunday, August 21, 2011

Annyeong, Korea!

Hello Everyone!

Well I have been in Korea for nearly a week now, and finally have internet access in my dorm room! Sorry it took so long to make my first post, but orientation has been nonstop and there has not been much free time to spend on blog postings and such.

I departed the states last Monday from Seattle. The 11 hour flight wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. After about the first 4 hours, you start to loose sense of the time and your body gets used to sitting. I flew Korean Air, and I must say, it had the best service I have ever experienced. The flight attendants were amazing, treating even us poor economy folk like VIPs. The endless supply of music, movies, TV shows, and games on personal TV screens helped pass the time as well. I am proud to say that I conquered ALL of the games in Mickey's House Party.....even though it did take me a couple of hours.




We arrived at Incheon, met up with our program staff, and headed to school, Yonsei University.

The next couple of days included a scavenger hunt, yummy food, museums, navigating public transportation, getting lost, street food, and more.




We left Friday for a 3-day excursion outside of the city and headed south to the three cities of Jongju, Namwon and Hadong. We visited Buddhist temples, museums, folk villages, stayed in a traditional Hanok village (sleeping on the floor), learned how to serve tea, got to roast tea ourselves, etc. Needless to say, it was a very busy weekend full of fun.





Sorry for the short post, but now it is off to bed. Another busy day tomorrow!

안녕!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is the picture of the food the traditional Korean breakfast or another meal? Looks yummy, but just not sure about veggies for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete