Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lantern Festival!

So....I have been back in the States for a month and a half.....and still have not been able to find the time to finish blogging about all of my adventures in Korea. As I am now back at school and have a few days before classes start, it is my goal to finish it by the end of the week! Seeing as how it has been so long, I can't quite remember all of the dates of everything, but I will do my best to write about things in order! Here we go!

Each fall in Seoul, the city puts on a Seoul Lantern Festival. It's a pretty big deal, as hundreds (and maybe thousands?) of intricately designed lanterns are constructed and put in the Chonggyechong, the long stream that runs through downtown Seoul. There are all types of lanterns. There's everything from traditional scenes to more modern things. It was pouring down rain the night we went, so we didn't walk too terribly far down the stream. We went a ways and then hopped into a Starbucks to get some coffee and warm back up. Here are some pictures!









I'm in this one but you can barely see me because it was so dark!







So cute. 

Donkey!





Beautiful blue lanterns. 

Bathroom sign inside Starbucks. I was amused at the pictures. Haha, a man smoking a pipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment